Any experience ot these Phuket hotels.

Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

Any experience ot these Phuket hotels.

We have narrowed down to three possibilities for our February short stay at Phuket.....three nights. Does anyone have recent experience of the following hotels please.
Ayara Hilltops Boutique Resort & Spa.
Andaman White Beach Resort.
The Chedi.

We stayed at The Chedi some years ago and loved it but recent reports seem to be not so good.
Andaman White Beach looks very nice but seems to be very remote.
Ayara Hilltops appeals a lot........and they have a special offer......stay three nights......get third night free!

Or apart from the three I have listed.......any recommendations for this trip. Minimum four star.
Sep 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM

I recommend these:

The Chava http://www.thechavaresort.com/

Malisa Villa Suites http://www.malisavillas.com/
Sep 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM

I stayed at Ayara a couple of years ago. It was lovely but a few things were or could be a problem.

Its very steep and the best rooms are at the top so its a long walk up - I think I counted about 90 steps plus a long slope to my room. If you are too exhausted to do this after a long day then they have a little tuk tuk that will take you close to the room. One other drawback - some of the rooms I would not want because of their position. People from above have to walk right by your front door and terrace/jaccuzi - its not many rooms but I really wouldn't want those.

We stayed in the medium priced room with its own jaccuzi - and a bit of garden courtyard at the back. It was just below the very top of the property (where the pool rooms are) and right across on the right side. So probably the longest walk but also very private. They are arranged in stacks of 2 - so we had one room above and set back a bit - the upper room is the cheaper price one as it doesn't have the big terrace. Ours had a nice terrace but was fully exposed to the west so hot as anything in the afternoon. An undercover jaccuzi on this terrace and a small pond which you cross to enter the lounge area. Lounge was nice and opened to the back to a small courtyard with open air shower. Bedroom came off the lounge and also opened to the jaccuzi and to the back a very nice bathroom. There is tea/coffee making, dvds etc.

The pool is done the hill on the property along with the restaurant and spa. Mostly we just used our jaccuzi and didn't bother going down to the pool. Breakfast was fairly good, didn't use the spa. The restaurant wasn't as good as I had hoped but that may have changed - we didn't use it much but went out and up the road a lot. Didn't use the spa. They staff were really lovely as you would expect but they were much better than many. All in all it was a good stay. At the time it was a real bargain - we good 2 for 1 as it was August. Loved just relaxing up in our room - plenty of space and very lovely.
Sep 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM

i only stay at phi phi
Sep 26th, 2009, 06:26 PM

yeah, go to phi phi!