Amanpuri or Banyan Tree

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Frank

Amanpuri or Banyan Tree

Basically,which one should I go for? Any help, suggestions, comments, experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Frank

Sorry, forgot to say Thailand (Phuket).

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Amy

I haven't been to either but friends here in Hong kong rave about both. Banyan Trees are always nice, the Amanpuri is supposed to be even more spectacular -- of course, at double the price.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 10:03 PM
kim

THE Chedi, they do hv a website. very lovely place, romantic n quiet. A bit off to town but we drove to town which is about half hour. Lovely drive. The Chedi is next to Amanpuri. They hv a small spa ( book ahead ) and u stay in a chalet type of room. Very exclusive. Cheaper than Amanpuri n share the private beach with them.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 08:55 AM
kit

Haven't been to amanpuri but have heard they are fabulous. if you pick banyan tree ( which i stayed twice) go for the pool villa as it is very seclusive. service is fantastic. cheers

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 03:39 PM
stef

Hi Kit,
I heard the Banyan Tree area has a lot of mosquitoes due to the lagoons in the area? Did you find this to be true and what month did you go? We were thinking of May but heard it was too humid/hot.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 10:17 AM
michelle

Amanpuri is heaven on earth. just returned from my honeymoon there- not to be believed, spectacular service, property, rooms and food. expensive but if you can swing it, go for it!

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 11:47 PM
Vyjayanti

I've seen both and highly recommend the Banyan Tree over Amanpuri. It's half the price but just as nice..and has one of the top rated spas in the world. The pool villas in particular are very nice.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 06:39 AM
kit

Hi Stef,
I went once in Feb and once in Oct. we had wonderful weather then, and we did not have much of a problem with mosquitoes. they provide stuff to deal with the insects but we did have a monitor lizard that ran into our bedroom (which was fun)! month of may could be humid but won't be as bad as june or july.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:46 AM
topper

Up again per request.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Andy

My wife and I stayed at the Chedi for four nights in early December. It was great and much cheaper than the Amanpuri. It is right next door, but the entrances are nowhere near each other. Both are 1/2 hour from any nightlife, but good for lounging on the beach. Good luck.