Agoda Booking Question

Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Agoda Booking Question

I'm confused. Looking to book some Thailand hotels via Agoda, but they list two rates for the same room type. I want a room with a double or queen bed, but they list them as: superior room (twin/double) and superior room with double bed. The latter is always a higher rate.

Obviously I want the lower rate. Agoda says the twin/double is based on availability (you either get a room with twin beds or one double bed). I don't want to go through the booking process if I can't get the double bed.

Has anyone done this and had a problem getting the room they wanted? If they can't guarantee a double bed with the twin/double rate on Agoda, then I will book via Sawadee instead since it's lower than the double bed rate offered on Agoda. Help?!
Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM

generally you ask the hotel upon arrive or after the res is made for the correct bed type...

look on the hotel's site for what kind of beds they have
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:29 PM

I've never seen that combination in Agoda. They often have twin/double single rooms and twin/double double [occupancy] rooms. In non-hotel speak, that means a room for one person or a room for two people. In either case the beds may be twin or double.

Which bed you get depends on the hotel, when you arrive. No web site will guarantee the bed type. Booking directly with the hotel might increase your chances of getting a large bed, but in the end it all depends on what's available when you actually get there.

Just one of many reasons I like to avoid late arrivals.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

I wondered if one was for single occupancy and the other is for double (they don't specify).

I might try to book the lower rate and hope that my husband and I can get a double bed (vs. two twin beds) upon check in.
Thanks.
Feb 26th, 2008, 05:26 PM

Just booked the HI BKK using my points with Agoda & had to do a Live chat with an agent after I was unable to complete my transaction on line. They only make your points available by increments.

For example -
5K gets you a $10 credit,
12,500 gets you $25,
25K gets you $50,
37,500 gets you $75
50K gets you $100
62,500 gets you $125 etc etc etc

If your bill was short , say $2, as it was mine- from the next fixed increment, you will have to pay the rest with your credit card. I think this will perpetually have members use their CC plus points in the majority bookings since reaching those exact numbers may be difficult to get to.

When time came for the agent to ask for my CC # on line, I asked him to call me up instead & he promptly did so. Suggested to the CS Agent & wrote in the comment section of their end of transaction survey that they should rethink the way Points are redeemed. Decided to get the On Request for best value since we are still 2 weeks away from Check in. Waiting to hear from them in the next few days for confirmation.

BTW, the extra points that magically appeared on my account which I have been requesting to be purged for the past 4 months is still there.

Search this Thread