Adventures in KL

Sep 26th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Original Poster

Adventures in KL

Well, not really, the biggest adventure was getting here. After missing our connecting flight from HK, finally made it to KL at about 5:30 pm Sat, about 5 hours late.

The MO is a really beautiful hotel although the room is not as nice as the Pen in BKK. Haven't done all too much in the two days we've been here, we've been pretty exhausted and this morning I wasn't feeling too good. We did get to the Batu Caves, very interesting but not a must do. Mostly we've been hanging out at the hotel pool and eating (and drinking) a lot. We'll have to really see KL on our way back when we have more energy. KL does look like a very nice city, much prettier than I expected. It's not as hot and humid as NY was this past summer so that's a pleasant surprise, I thought it would be much worse.

Tomorrow morning we fly to Sandakan so I assume that's when the real adventure begins. Really looking forward to that. I'll keep you posted. I should have more to say once we start doing something more than eat and drink ;-)
Sep 26th, 2005, 07:34 AM

It's good to hear from you, Laurie. I'm really looking forward to your reports on Borneo. I did a lot of my shopping in preparation for Borneo yesterday - boots that are waterproof but breathable, etc.
Sep 26th, 2005, 06:59 PM

Great that you arrived safely and are having a good time. Keep the reports coming. I was in KL in 2001. Happy Travels!
Sep 26th, 2005, 07:52 PM

laurie---that will be the only glitz in your trip...i promise....anxious to hear more..

bob
Sep 29th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Hi all,

Don't have time to write now but just wanted to say that all is fine and we're having a good time. We saw Orang-utans yesterday and they were wonderful but they are the ONLY reason to go to Sandakan. We're in Kuching now and it looks like a really nice city. Going to Bako National Park tomorrow. Will have more to say later . Right now, Eric is hovering over my shoulder and is hungry so we need to find a place to have dinner.
Sep 29th, 2005, 05:39 PM

Looking forward to more of your reports Laurie. You have kind of inspired me to look at Malaysia again after reading the leech socks thread although I can't say the leechs appealed too much. Haven't been there for years (and then only the mainland) so will be really interested.

Hope you continue to have a good trip.

Mary
Sep 30th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Original Poster

Okay, once again don't have time to write (promise a full report when I get home) but just wanted to let everyone know that we went trekking in Bako National Park today and nary a leech. I was the only moron there wearing leech socks too! Wonderful place, would go back. Saw lots of monkeys but not the probiscus. Will write more later.
Sep 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM

Better safe than sorry!