5 * Hotel + 5 * Beach

Aug 14th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

5 * Hotel + 5 * Beach

Can anyone recommend a great 5 star hotel with a 5 star beach? I am looking in Bali, Malaysia, or Thailand. The sort of thing I am looking for is the Dati in Langkawi which we stayed at two years ago. The hotel was in a wonderful setting and the beach a quiet and beautiful retreat. What we want to avoid is being hotel bound because the beaches are awash with traders and the sea with jet skiers.
Aug 14th, 2005, 07:42 AM

either the conrad hotel or the bali hyatt hotel in bali...i have stayed at both and found them very excellent...

the jw marriott resort on phuket which is issolated from the general hub bub of phuket would be an excellent choice...it is literally all by itself at the northern end of phuket...

the emerald cove amari hotel on koh chang---probably 4 star but nicely situated...

avoiding people selling things on the beach would seem an almost impossibility in SEA...
Aug 14th, 2005, 08:31 AM

Take a look at the Amanpuri in Phuket or the Rayavadee in Krabi, both in Thailand.
Aug 14th, 2005, 03:13 PM

Amanpulo in the Philippines is exactly what you want...
Aug 15th, 2005, 04:55 AM

Thailand try the Rayavadee on Railay, Krabi...one a super beach and just a short trip by long tail to Ao Nang if you want a bit more action. There are a few traders on the beach but I found them very friendly and they did take 'NO' for an answer and did not bother us again.
Aug 15th, 2005, 06:29 AM

You should try Berjaya Redang Beach Resort in Malaysia. Great beach with perfect snorkling/diving.

No traders, no jet skiers...

http://www.berjayaresorts.com.my/redang-beach/info.html
Aug 15th, 2005, 06:35 AM

If you really want privacy, check out Nihiwatu resort on the island of Sumba. Completely private beach, goregous villas with view and there are no other hotels on the entire island.
www.nihiwatu.com