4 days in Bangkok

Search

4 days in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 days in Bangkok

we are going to be 4 days in Bangkok this december. Sat doing attractions near hotel on river, Sunday the big market, Monday an out of town day trip and Tuesday until our evening flight seeing local sites.
Am I one day too long and what day or overnight trip would anyone recommend?
Thanks [email protected]
My travel blog at www.tabhauser.com
Old May 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM

There are weeks and weeks worth of things to do in Bangkok. Give us a clue about what you are interested in and we can give you recommendations.

It sounds like you to plan to visit the Grand Palace/Emerald Buddha, Wat Po. Also consider Wat Arun, Jim Thompson House is a must-see.
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:12 PM

4 days is perfect for a first trip to Bangkok. Get to the "big market" at 9 AM and get out by noon when it will start to become hot and crowded. Return to Bangkok and do a klong tour. The out-of-town trips to the floating market and Ayutthaya/BangPaIn Summer Palace are worthwhile - choose one. Shopping is another popular Bangkok activity as is dining. Let us know what you like and we will guide you.
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips here.
Shopping at the market 9AM seems like a nice thing to get up early for. Is the airport set up for storage. I do want to haul our junk for the next 8 days.
We are interested in the history, palace, musuem. I read the Thompson house is a worth a see. The floating market has some concern? I hear it is set up for tourists mostly. Is it worth a trip? Should I jump on a tour or find our own van and driver when there? So 4 days is perfect. The klong tour is up there to do. I like the idea after shopping. I have older teens so it will be interesting. Thanks
www.tabhauser.com
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:30 AM

The Floating Market is pretty much set up for tourists - some like it, some don't. We didn't think it was that great. Ayuttya Bang Pa In is a nice trip but less worthwhile if you are continuing on to Angkor Wat which is far more impressive. Use a driver if you go to the Floating Market. Take a tour to Ayuttya - out by bus and return by boat.