1 night in Phuket?

Search

1 night in Phuket?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 night in Phuket?

I will be travelling with my parents to Thailand in November and this will be their first trip to Asia. We are ending our trip with 4 nights in Krabi, 4 nights on Ko Lanta and 4 nights on Ko Phi Phi (we are beach people lol). We will fly from Phuket to Bangkok before flying back home.

We were originally planning of taking the ferry from Phi Phi to Phuket and then flying directly to Bangkok for 2 nights before flying back home. However, doing that would mean spending an entire day travelling and we're not sure we're up for that. Would it be recommended to spend one night in Phuket and then flying to Bangkok the next day?

I kind of feel like one final night in Bangkok isn't enough but then our flight back home leaves at 2:30 am so we would have 2 full days in Bangkok. If we spend one night in Phuket, are there any nice beaches close to the airport?

Hopefully my rambling makes sense. Thanks!
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Oops. I don't know why this is tagged as a trip report. I must have clicked that option by mistake...
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM

First off, check your departure time out of Bangkok. There aren't supposed to be any flights out after 2:00 am.

I would agree that ferry, van and flight makes a long travel day, as well as too many opportunities for Murphy to impose his law. It would be better to stay in Phuket the night, IMO.
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM

Phuket town itself is not an ideal tourist destination especially for spending the night and the town is not next to a beach. I would go directly to Bangkok.
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

MichaelBKK: We are flying from BKK to Doha on Qatar Airways. Our ticket clearly says our flight leaves BKK at 2:35 am...

Hanuman: We would never consider staying in Phuket Town. We were thinking of stopping at a beach not too far from the airport...
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM

mcbg1,

Don't worry there are several flights out of BKK after 2.00AM most going to the Middle East like your QR flight.

If you want to stay near Phuket airport then that's no where near Phuket town and it's situated on the N.W. of the island itself. I would still suggest going directly to Bangkok but if you want one more night in Phuket then there are quite a few hotels near to the airport that is on the beach.
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 11:09 PM

I too would advise going straight to Bangkok. If you take the early ferry from Phi Phi, you could be in your Bangkok hotel by mid afternoon.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

If I take the early ferry from Phi Phi to Phuket at 9am, at around what time should I fly to Bangkok? 2pm or later?
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 08:25 AM

The ferry should arrive at Phuket around 11.00.
It's a 45 minute drive to the airport.
So yes, 2.pm flight to Bangkok is doable.
If you pre-book a taxi to be waiting for you at the pier, you could just about make it for TG208 which leaves at 13.05 and arrives at Bangkok at 14.30.
Tight I know, but maybe worth a thought.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM

i would not book that tight myself, but surely there are some mid-afternoon flts. fyi i just booked phuket flts on thai air as opposed to air asia cause the price was almost as cheap.

choose a nice riverside hotel and you can kick back and relax for 2+ days in bkk..

hotels not far from phuket airport: jw marriott, renaissance and a few others. just north of the airport