Reload this Page >

When to reserve for Asia in May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:12 AM
JohnWM

I'll be a first-time traveler to Hong Kong in May 2005, and would like to travel in business class from JFK. When is a good time to book flights: now or February or close to departure time? I am interested in getting a good fare.

Old Jan 4th, 2005, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john -- if you do a search on itasoftware.com you can post some of the prices you find and people will tell you if they think it's a good fare or not. i haven't flown to HK, but got tix in July for a flight to BKK in Feb and I'm glad I did. The prices keep getting higher...
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 04:17 PM

You can book CO's non-stop from EWR for about $4,300 right now, as well as on many airlines' one-stop service (including CX's one-stopper via Vancouver). I'm only seeing fares at around $7,000 for CX's non-stop from JFK, which is definitely too much, as CO's BusinessFirst service is probably better than CX's business class.

And fares are unlikely to go below $4,000 or so. If you find the flights you like for $4,300 right now, I'd get it. If you must take CX's non-stop from JFK, then I don't know how or when can you get a fare lower than ~$700.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 09:53 PM
JohnWM

Thank you both very much. A word of updating: I searched here and I searched there; I checked this, that, and the other travel sites; I even checked airline websites themselves. The best site that I found wanted $3,700. Then I lucked out: I just purchased (by bidding at auction) for $2980. And that is a thrilling price for me for JFK to HKG round-trip!

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 04:29 AM

JohnWM - Would you mind letting us know where you bid your ticket and itinerary? And if you know already, the booking class of your ticket? Thanks.