Reload this Page >

What happens if flight is late?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Graeme

This may be obvious so I apologize in advance.I have booked an Air New Zealand flight from Sydney to LAX which is scheduled to get in at 6:10AM.I have booked a Jetblue flight from LGB at 11:15 AM.If the LAX flight is late and I miss the Jetblue flight,can I look to Air New Zealand to Pay any costs I end up with because of their lateness.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Sue

No, you cannot look to Air New Zealand to pay. Airlines do not have to reimburse you if the flight is late and you miss your connection. International non-stop flights are rarely late, as they can generally make-up time en route. They usually also have better take off priroty than domestic flgiths which can get backed up.<BR><BR>In any event, it seems to me that you have plenty of time to make the connection, however if you do you might want to make sure there is another flight later that day or the next. Jet Blue should honor the ticket.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Graeme

Sue, Thank you.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:17 AM
please ask

You should call Jet Blue and Air New Zealand to ask this question

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:24 AM
DiveInstructor

Actually that information is not quite correct. If your NZ and JetBlue flights were purchased on one ticket (as one transaction, that is, and on one set of coupons) then if one flight is late they are required to 'protect' you on another flight and do whatever is required to get you to your final destination. <BR><BR>If the tickets were purchased separately, as is most probable here, then there is no such obligation. NZ completed their part of the contract (which does not have any guarantee of schedule, only to get you to LAX eventually) and cannot be responsible for what happens after you exit their terminal.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Craig

JetBlue has only ONE interline agreement--reciprocal that is and it is with ATA.It is therefore impossible to have been ticketed with an NZ ticket or by any other source.If you are NOT going to make your flight on JetBlue, you MUST inform them of this PRIOR to the departure of the scheduled flight.i.e., you cant just show up at LongBeach airport and beg forgiveness.If you do,you are SOL.That is JetBlue's policy,clear and simple.Best to have your cell fone handy after you leave customs at LAX.I also suggest you have a car/driver waiting to drive you straight to the LB airport.Yes it's not inexpensive and yes there are shuttles you can take.But its up to you to decide how important is it for you to be on time.Traffic in any part of LA at any time on any day can be preposterous.You can get a quote for an Airport Transfer from Carey International.I'd expect $100 maybe less.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:21 AM
lucky

I would not think that NZ would stand good for it. With a 5 hour window for connecting Jet Blue flight I would not think you should any problem anyway. I would not lose any sleep oover it.