Search

USair Surviving

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Wendy

USair Surviving

It looks like USair is going to survive, at least for the momement. I have plans to fly with them in August any comments on their quality of service, on time record, fleet status, etc.?

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 08:21 AM
al

I have made 24 trans ocean crossings and would rate USAir's business class as the best I have flown. Their Airbus 330 service out of PHL is superb.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Rich

I like USAir as much as any of the other domestic airlines. All the major airlines are for all intents and purposes the same. Most of the time the flight crews are adequate in terms of friendliness and service. Occasionally you get a really great one and occasionally you get a really lousy one. The same goes for the ticket counter and gate agents. The food on all of them is going to be bad. The only major difference among any of them, in my opinion, is that American gives you much more legroom in coach. Even though it's only a few inches, it really makes a big difference if you're tall (I'm 6'3" and American is DEFINITELY my favorite for that reason alone).<BR><BR>I fly USAir quite a bit just because they are one of the dominant airlines in the Southeast where I live. I like connecting through their Charlotte hub much better than I do connecting through Atlanta on Delta. The only thing to be careful of is that sometimes you end up on very tiny prop planes on their commuter flights. If you don't like those, I would check what kind of aircraft they're using for a particular flight before I make the reservation. Back in Feb. I was on a USAirways Express plane from CLT to RDU that was basically a matchbox with a tongue depressor for wings.<BR><BR>If you're on regular USAir jet service, I wouldn't worry about them at all.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:53 AM
calli

I am glad to see USAIR survive. I have always liked USAIR. : )

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Vince

I like this arirline too, and I am glad it is to survive. Plus the fact itself that thousands of their employees will keep their jobs...

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Thats

They are only surviving due to taxpayer monies. Plain and simple. I hope it blows up in their face and they go right down the drain with the other stuff that gets flushed with toilet water.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Sam

Thats ([email protected]), I understand your opinion very well. However maybe you should be more sympathetic to 99.9% of USAir employees who had no control whatsoever over the company's poor business, who were simply doing their jobs and are currently on the verge of loosing it. It could have been you or your children... How can you wish that thousands of people loose their jobs?!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Thats

They can all go on unemployment just like the rest of the world that is out of work. Or are they to good for that. The almighty, holy, sovereign airline employee. Give me a break. Thousands of people lost their jobs on and after 9/11. This country is still feeling the effects. It is not the taxpayers problem that the airlines are horribly managed. They will all find new jobs. More likely than not in the same field they are currently in. After all when the big boys go down, somebody else will start right up.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Ed

Thats ([email protected]) must be a bitter travel agent.<BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Sam

Thats ([email protected]), get a life! IF you think that employees of all poorly managed companies deserve to loose their jobs, then you're a complete moron.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Thats

I can assure you I am not a travel agent. Just an average working person like most on this board. I am not going to feel sorry for people that are capable of going out and finding other work. And certainly not feeling sorry for them when they can collect almost 100% of their pay in unemployment. And there are other government programs that will help and aid them. I am sick and tired of hearing about the poor poor airline industry. The s.o.b's had their chance of profitability, and they blew it. Why don't you people try reading educational material once in a while. Or even watch some educational television instead of the Beverly Hillbillies or Flying Nun? Get a grip and perhaps consider getting a life. Seeing how much most of you post here it would seem you are lacking in more than realism.