Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Tues. EWR-SAN Cancelled-- rebooking tips??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flight for tomorrow Tuesday was cancelled from Newark-San Diego-- can't get through to Continental who advised us couple hours ago. These flights have been full since we picked date months ago, and they havenow been cancelled for Sun-Mon-Tues. New resv shows pricing of $1900+, so you experienced winter travellers what would be best options:
1) go to airport and wait in line( with bags in car for potential Tues flight, if not come home with reticketing resv for Thurs-Fri or so)
2) keep trying on phone
3) online is offering nothing as mine is booked directly thru Cont. and husband's booked with points-- no seats available Wed-Thurs-Fri anyway.
Thanks for your advice
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 10:37 AM
J62

Personally I just use the phone and would not leave home until I had a confirmed seat. I don't believe there is anything a harried airport agent can do for you that a phone agent can't.

The cost or availability of ff seats for new bookings isn't really relevant - CO will accommodate you on the next available flight.
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM

Keep trying on the phone.

BTW, did they rebook and confirm you on a flight later this week, as shown on your itinerary online?
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we'll keep trying on the phone -- No, Cont. is apologizing and recording says 'unable to take your call' and no rebooking options are online from our "Manage Reservation/Change" etc. You can only secure a new reservation at this point-- not sure EWR even reopened this afternoon, that's why we considered driving the 20 mi. to the airport and waiting while we keep trying from our phones & netbook. THANKS!
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 01:05 PM

None of the three airports have reopened. I doubt my 10:30a LGA-IAH flight on CO tomorrow morning will operate either. I will definitely be staying put rather than going to LGA.
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 06:04 PM

The news now says Newark is open, so I would keep checking.

On co.com they have a section that shows what they are offering for flights that have been canceled. I think it is under latest news on the flash page.