Search

TACA to Belize

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 07:52 AM
michelle

TACA to Belize

Trying to schedule a trip to Belize in March, and have found that TACA seems to have the best prices. Can someone give an opinion on it? Am afraid it might compare with some of the lesser-quality European airlines I've found (old planes, delays, canceled flights)... I guess you get what you pay for? Any input would be great.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Eva

Where are you flying from? I had been planning a return trip to Belize this coming March as well, and having checked all the sources, found that American and Continental were still offering the best fares from BWI (not that $961 is any bargain). (Alas, since the rest of our sailing companions bailed on the trip, and we can't find any other crew, we are not going to Belize after all). In any event, if you are unsure about TACA (I have heard nothing bad), check the fares again -- Expedia had the best prices.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 06:02 AM
michelle

I'm also flying from the washington area. The thing with booking in advance is that if you do it much past 1 month, you will pay through the nose. Look at the prices for flying one month from now - they are about half what they are for flying in March. (Continental to BZE in October: about $450, vs. over a grand in March.) This demonstrates that the prices fall as the date nears - and significantly! I hope you're able to work out your trip after all...Anyone else know anything about TACA?

Old Oct 7th, 2001, 07:19 PM
guillermo

I fly TACA frequently from Mexico to South America, In my opinion it's an OK airline, new planes, good service, generally on time, excellent food in Business

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:02 PM
kh

We went to Belize annually from the late 70s to the late 80s (before it was discovered and its entire tourist information handout was one sheet of mimeographed paper). We always flew TACA. Sure someone has had more recent experience than I but this is a blast from the past. PS-Take A Chance Airlines=TACA

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Patty

We had a really bad experience once with TACA to Belize but this was over 7 years ago. We were supposed to fly from LAX to El Savador, then connect to Belize but I guess because they didn't have enough passengers booked, they combined our flight with one to Guatemala. We ended up leaving LAX 2 hours late and had to make an extra stop at Guatemala city (scary landing, 3 aborted attempts by the pilot before actually touching down) and barely made our connection to BZE. They may have gotten better in recent years, but it was enough so that we'll pay a little extra for Continental. Continental is running a great fare sale to BZE right now but I think it's only good thru Feb.

Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had to rebook a TACA flight from Lima to Cusco at the Miami airport (due to weather delay from Chicago to Miami) The TACA counter was not very helpful because we bought the tickets through AA. Three hours and several lies later we had LanPeru tickets in our hands.