$$? SFO-CDG in March

Sep 20th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

$$? SFO-CDG in March

Hi All,

We've been out of the travel loop for a few seasons, but it looks like I might be able to surprise my better half with a birthday week in Paris this coming March. In the past, I usually started sniffing for summer fares in December and I usually had a pretty good idea of what a "good"deal looked like. I know it's all a crap shoot, but I appreciate it if those more astute than I could offer advice on the following:

Is there still a time of year that spring fares bottom out? November perhaps?
What is in the ballpark of a good spring fare from SFO-CDG?

Kindest regards,
Greytop (and getting greyer)
Sep 20th, 2009, 07:02 PM

My suggestion.

Go to Kayak.com and sign up for thier fare watcher. Then you can kind of see the trends. Don't put in specific dates, just sign up and ask for a fare watch SFO -CDG. I get one every day for ATL - CDG and right now that time is higher then "current" so I would THINK it might go down.. but you can see whats going on by watching the trend.
Sep 20th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks CarolA. I forgot about the fare alerts at Kayak. I know it's like playing the market. You only know the best deal after it's too late to get it. I keep my eyes peeled and my cc handy.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM

Hi, greytop~

I'm also checking daily (since July) for a winter trip to Spain. Prices dipped a bit last week, but I have a feeling there may be winter sales soon. Sales usually start to happen in October, but sometimes I've found good deals for February/March travel in January. Some airlines' fall sales are ending this week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If you know which airline you want to travel with, check their site daily, too.
Sep 22nd, 2009, 06:24 PM

An interesting article on this topic is found below. Good luck to all.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32918498/ns/travel-tips/