Search

Rynair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rynair

Hello,

We are traveling between Paris and Venice in May, and would appreciate any thoughts on Rynair. Or other ideas about how best to make the trip.

Thanks,
Joan
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM

The main issues with Ryanair -

1. They use alternate airports. Paris is Beauvais, Venice is Treviste. Both pretty far from the cities.

2. Luggage. Very strict rules, and there's now a charge for checked luggage.

3. Check-in time. You must be checked-in (not in-line) I think 40 minutes prior to departure. Or else you buy a new ticket on next flight.

I would seriously look at Myair.com, which flies from Paris Orly to Venice Marco Polo. Or even Alitalia and Air France from Charles deGaulle. May cost a little more, but after all the transportation and luggage fees, they may make sense.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:45 PM

My wife and I made the same trip (Paris-Venice) by Ryanair and return last November. We had no problems at all and it was a great trip with very low fares. You do need extra time for a bus trip to the airports, but using the bus service coordinated with Ryanair flights works perfectly. The plane was a new 737 stretch and was very comfortable. We packed very light for a short stay so luggage was not an issue. Add a note if we can help with any more information. Hope this helps!!
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM

rkkwan has excellent advice. As a citybreak traveller from London to europe, i use budget airlines extensively. Factor in all costs - the initial advertised costs shown on the website bears little resemblance to the final price once all taxes and charges are included. Also factor in the extra costs for transportation to airports that are futher away.

Often once all these are factored in, the difference between the budget airlines and the big national airlines is much smaller.

If you choose a budget airline - aim to get there when the check-in opens. Often they board the plane according to when you check-in. Savvy budget-airline users make a rush for the check-in counter as soon as it opens! Queues form instantly.