Ryanair for Paris to Venice?

Jan 29th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Ryanair for Paris to Venice?

Hi
I'm wondering if any of you seasoned travellers have ever used Ryanair? I have been researching flights between Paris and Venice and this airline (reccomended by Rick Steves) seems to have fairly competitve prices. 39.98 EUR for a one way flight, but I am concerned that the flights go from Beauvais Tille (BVA) to Venice Treviso (TSF) instead of from CDG to VCE. I am not at all familiar with those airport codes or their location in relation to the city centres. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Jan 29th, 2006, 07:36 AM

There's a low-cost airline called Myair that flies Paris Orly to Venice Marco Polo. Fares are even cheaper than Ryanair, but only about once a day.

I have no information about how good this airline is, or how long will it remain in business. www.myair.com

BVA is far from Paris, and TSF is also a lot further from Venice than VCE. I'd avoid it if possible.
Jan 29th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank You rkkwan! I did wonder if those airports lay far outside the cities. I will try myair.
Jan 29th, 2006, 12:18 PM
rex

Because these low-cost intra-Europe airlines are such a volatile "industry" (Ryanair aside), it would be worthwhile for to have this website - - www.whichbudget.com - - to keep track of newcomers (or new disappeatances!)

That said, CDG-VCE would be MUCH more convenitnet than Beauvais-Treviso. For what it's worth, you can find location information on any of the destination/airports that Ryanair serves, as well as modes of transport for accessing them - - just click on "Destinations" there.

Best wishes,

Rex
Jan 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM

There are several threads here on Ryanair. I have always found them to be good, albeit a bit of a scramble to get unreserved seats, and the flights to areas I wish to visit always seem to leave at 6am.

Ryanair have just announced a chrge for checked in baggage of £2.50 per item if booked over the 'net and £5 per item for flights purchased at an airport. They have also said that those passengers with carry on luggage only will be allowed to board first (Remembering it is sit where you wish - no reservations).
Jan 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM

But beware of the great new complaint we're going to be hearing a lot more about on this board.

With carry on bags only AND only if you check in on line, you get to board first.

But you can check in online ONLY with an EU passport. Swiss, Norwegians, Channel Islanders and other lowlifes have to queue.

Wait till that sinks in!
Jan 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

Wow! Ryanair is not forthcoming with all THAT information (sit where you wish and very strange check in procedures) when they advertise their low low prices.
I will be sure to look for connections from CDG to VCE. No sense spending extra time travelling to distant airports. Thanks for the "destinations" tip. I'm new here and somehow missed that way to query airport locations.
Thanks again to rkkwan, Rex, willit, and flanneruk.
Stephanie
Jan 29th, 2006, 04:11 PM
rex

See http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34743543