Reviews of Aer Lingus

Search

Reviews of Aer Lingus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2015, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviews of Aer Lingus

In the process of planning my next trip to Italy. There are 7 of us so airfare is always a significant expense. On our last trip we almost booked on Aer Lingus from JFK to Rome, but did not because we just are not familiar with them. The fares seem very reasonable so I hate to pass up a good deal. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 06:09 AM

http://www.airlinequality.com/airlin...ws/aer-lingus/
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 07:19 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>> . . . we almost booked on Aer Lingus from JFK to Rome, but did not because we just are not familiar with them. The fares seem very reasonable so I hate to pass up a good deal. I would appreciate any feedback.<<

Have you heard of United or American or Air France? Aer Lingus is the national carrier of Ireland. Been around since the '30's and code shares w/ just tons of other carriers.
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 01:26 PM

It's a longstanding airline, but it's definitely a budget-oriented airline and has some extra charges for alcohol and the like. In general, though (other than Ryanair), I find the quality of the typical European carrier superior to the same class of service (i.e., economy) of any US-based carrier. But I have never flown Aer Lingus.
Old Sep 1st, 2015, 03:34 PM

Competing with Ryanair out of Dublin, Aer Lingus has to follow similar budget strategies on European flights, which may mean somewhat different service than trans-Atlantic.
The owner of British Airways (and Iberia/Vueling) has agreed to take over ownership of Aer Lingus. This shouldn't affect passengers for awhile.
Old Sep 2nd, 2015, 08:20 AM

I flew w aer lingus on my trip to Ireland back in May. It was my first time flying internationally and had only good experiences with them. I also flew Ryanair from Dublin to Edinburgh and personally did not care for the carrier, their check in process is a pain in the butt and my friend and I misunderstood the instructions, so we asked for help w an airport employee (granted not a Ryanair worker so that was our mistake) but when we got to the gate we had discovered we missed a step and one of the employees at the desk was completely rude and offered no help, however the other employee at the counter did help us work out the issue so we did not miss our flight. Not that I would never fly them again since I now understand their process but aer lingus, as I said earlier, I had no problems with.
Old Sep 19th, 2015, 11:55 AM

We flew Aer Lingus a couple of years ago to Ireland. The flight from Boston to Dublin was one of the best I have ever had. Attendants were friendly, efficient and dressed neatly. Food was great. I loved the experience. One of the best I have had flying to Europe...and I have been several times on other airlines.