have you used them?

Jun 8th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

have you used them?

I used a web search buddy to look for airfare on an upcoming trip. The search buddy came up with 9 web sites including the usual webs like expedia, trip advisor etc. There is one that I have never seen before and they are the cheapest. Does anyone has any dealings with them before? Are they reputable? Are they legit? What are your experience with them? The web agent is CheapoAir.com

My flight is for November departure to Barcelona and return from San Paulo Brazil in December after a trans-atlantic cruise from Barcelona to San Paulo Brazil.

They have me leaving on "Aer Lingus" from Chicago O'Hare to Dublin and then to Barcelona. With a return on Copa Airline through Panama City, Cancun and then home. Yes, there are a lot of stops, but the total cost is $1770 including tax. Everyone else is $2700 plus.

Any comments?
Jun 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Have you tried looking at Aer Lingus and Copa websites to book directly? I know Aer Lingus sells one-way tickets at good prices. Perhaps COPA does also.
Jun 9th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ... I think I will do that too but I don't belief they have an office at the local airport ... Have you used them at all? Are they a discount airline out of Ireland?
Jun 10th, 2010, 09:11 AM

I responded on the other thread - http://www.fodors.com/community/crui...e-169051-2.cfm
Jun 15th, 2010, 12:11 PM

Eschew, yes I've flown Aer Lingus several times. They are an economy airlines and they were fine. Dublin to Paris and Madrid to Dublin, nickel and dimed. Would fly them again. Copa Air gets very good reviews and I'm acquainted with several people who have flown them and they were complimentary. As far as CheapoAir have used them in the past, they saved me quite a bit of money, no complaints at all.
Jun 20th, 2010, 04:02 PM

I used cheapoair once but the schedule was horrible. I decided I would spend a little more money next time instead of having an 8 hour layover. But, if you don't mine killing time and changing planes, it is a cheap ticket.