No more ff miles. How to get these tickets.

Jul 17th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

No more ff miles. How to get these tickets.

You've all been a great help in the past. Please tell me how to approach this purchase. No more AA ff miles.

1. SAN to BOS (stay a few days)

2. BOS to CDG (stay a month)

3. CDG to BOS (stay a month)

4. BOS to SAN

My question: should I attempt to get the whole thing on AA? Or just try and get a domestic flight with AA? ...and then the international part with anyone..like AIR FRANCE.

Is it wrong to try and use AA since I do get mileage with them?

Thanks for all the help.

Jul 17th, 2006, 01:24 PM

You could try it several different ways and pick the least expensive. If I were researching fares, I might first try dividing it into 2 RT trips. The first would be SAN-BOS. The second would be BOS-CDG. That is really what it is - 2 different RT. See what comes up that way and then progress from there.

Jul 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM

I think they give bonus miles for each ticket purchased, so you could get a few extra miles by buying two round trip tickets.

When I was more serious about earning miles, I would buy my wife's and my tickets separately, so we would each earn the bonus miles, but I stopped that after I mistakenly got us onto separate flights and had to pay a penalty to amend one of the tickets.
Jul 17th, 2006, 01:58 PM

Go to aa.com and try it out two ways. One, use the "multi-city" screens and put in your flight dates and see what happens.

Two, price out two separate round-trip flights, SAN-BOS-SAN and BOS-CDG-BOS for the other. Add 'em up.

Then take the same approach using Expedia or whatever.

If you have had AA miles in the past, that means you have an account, so mileage and booking bonuses will go someplace. If you fly on Air France or some other non-partner of AA, of course you can get miles in their program, but not AA's.
Jul 17th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Hmm. Cleveland..speaking of spousal tickets..can I have my husband transfer his miles to me?????? or should I post this separately?..
Jul 17th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Usually there's a transfer fee involved (generally $0.01 per mile) and a maximum amount of miles that can be transferred between accounts.
Jul 17th, 2006, 02:42 PM

If your husband has miles, he can purchased the award ticket for you. No need to transfer and pay for the privilage.
Jul 17th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

He only has 7000 housand miles...but I want them...I have 64, 000 in my account..any way to get them over to mine?
Jul 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM

sorry, that didn't work.....

go to www.aa.com

AAdvantage

Buy, Share, Gift Miles

Share Miles....
Jul 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

thank you again...~