Need Delta FF Help Please.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to use our Delta FF miles for a r/t (2 passengers)from BWI to Seattle next summer. This is what I found on the Delta web site:
Current SkyMiles Mileage Balance 7264
Current FF Mileage Balance 67000
Total Available Miles 74264
Million Miler? Miles 132264
SkyMiles Mileage Expiration 31 Dec 2006

Could someone please tell me if I have enough miles (skychoice? skysaver? frequent flier? medallion? whatever!!!)for this trip? I keep trying different dates and times, as I can be flexible within a day or two both ways, but I keep getting messages that I don't have enough miles. I thought I only needed 40,000 total, but I guess not. Anyway, Delta puts me on hold, the web site "times out" and I'm ready to scream. Can anyone offer some assistance? Thanks very much.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 11:44 AM

According to the chart, you would need 60,000 miles total for 2 tickets from BWI to North America. What's probably happening is that most of your miles are in the old FF program and the online function is only looking at the newer Skymiles balance and telling you you don't have enough. You'll have to bite the bullet and call them or go to a ticket office. I know, it's a PIA.

Your Skymiles (7264) are the miles earned under Delta's newest mileage program under which the rules for redemtion are stricter. The old program (FF miles) for which you accrued 67,000 miles have more leeway.
They list these miles separately because the rules are different.

The million miler miles are just the miles you have accrued that would count toward elite staus, and include miles you have used for award travel or upgrades.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

I'll try to call again tomorrow. At least now I know I have enough miles to get there. Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 01:21 AM

Email Delta with specific question. Use their 'contact us' system. I get replies in 12 to 36 hours. You may also want to try the local ticket office in person.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 11:21 AM

You definitely have enough miles. Make sure that the person you talk to checks the number of old FF miles needed for your trip. The rules were different from the new SkyMiles program, so that in many cases it takes less old FF miles than what is showing on the current SkyMiles chart. For example, I got two first class tickets to Hawaii with 75,000 old miles when it now takes 60,000 each (120,000 total) using SkyMiles.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Well, I have to leave out of Philadelphia instead of BWI, and I have to go a day early and come home a date late at (6 in the morning), but I finally got to use my miles to Seattle! - I needed 50,000 total for two tickets, so I have 24,264 left over.
This was such a hassle. I usually use the miles I accumulate with Visa, and I've been allowed to pick the airline and flight nubers when I use those miles. I can't believe going through Delta directly resulted in such limited seats and almost a year in advance!
Live and learn. Thanks for your replies.