Miami Airport

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami Airport

I will be going to Ecuador next month and will leave out of LaGuardia with a layover in Miami. When I return I would like to buy some duty free bottles of liquor while in the Ecuador airport. Will I be able to board my plane in Miami with these bottles? I am assuming that my luggage will be going straigth thru to Laguardia so I will not be able to put the bottles in my checked baggage while in Miami. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM

Your luggage will be cfhecked all the way through, but you still need to collect it in MIA for customs check. Once you are done with US customs, you can drop off the bags at a airline counter just outside of customs so you will have a chance to pack the liquor.

You will need to go through security again at MIA so there is no way to keep the liquor with you as it will be confiscated by security. 3oz. or smaller liquid containers only and all of the containers have to fit in a 1 quart zip-lock bag, 1 bag per passenger.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 03:19 AM

AAFF is correct.

We do the same when travelling from LHR to BDA via JFK. Our bags are tagged all the way to BDA but we still have to take them off carousel in JFK - we open one bag there and then to pack the duty frees from LHR and close and relock bag. Then we go thru customs and redeposited the bags at the connecting flight bag drop outside the customs.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM

Just take some of those 2 gallon zip lock bags with you to pack the liquor in just in case a bottle breaks. And double bag each bottle.
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 02:15 AM

... and wrap t-shirt/clothes around each bottle and pack them in MIDDLE of bag, not at top, bottom or side!!

We have done this way many times and have never picked up dripping wet bag off carousel at final destination!! Last trip someone else had dripping bag - it was fruit punch!!!!!!!!!!