Master List available?

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Master List available?

Does anyone know if there is a Master List for destinations of various airlines?

We live in the middle of no where and must drive 3 -5 hours to a major airport. That means I could leave from JFK, EWR, Baltimore, PHL or Wash the problem is that I must search each one to find the best $ sometimes I'll do a search and see that if I leave from PHL I have to transfer in JFK etc.... so it would be nice to know the direct flights first.

I hope this makes sense.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:02 AM

Try using kayak.com for checking out flight options. It connects to most major airlines and will tell you all the flights on all airlines that will fly your from point A to B on a particular day and time. It also has an option to allow nearby airports to be used as well.

Deb
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM

www.itasoftware.com is great for that kind of a search. It's not a booking site so you would still have to book with on line agency or the airline or your local TA.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Travelocity has a compare surrounding airports feature, where you can add up to 3 airports to the search. But if you search using city code NYC, you will usually get JFK,EWR LGA anyway, same with WAS, you might get options from BWI, DCA and IAD.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 09:16 PM

Most sites like travelocity or expedia allow you to search for nonstops only. Even if you search for all flights, they'll break them up by nonstops, one stop, etc. Also, the airport sites usually list which cities they serve nonstop.
Remember, nonstop and direct are NOT the same thing.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a Master List for destinations of various airlines?

Well, "master list" is a tall order, but the various OAG tools come pretty close. You need to find the route/carrier combo using one of the tools below, then consult the airline itself or one of the pricing tools like ITA to see what costs are involved.

http://www.oag.com/NorthAmerica/Airl...routeindex.asp
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:50 AM

Actually, if you are looking for the airlines that serve any given airport, I find wikipedia to be great. Of course, this doesn't give you much in the way of pricing information, but it will give you the airlines.

As others have mentioned, kayak and ita are probably your best bets if you want to do some comparison shopping. ITA, especially is very powerful, even if it takes a little getting used to.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone that responded. I will check out the various suggestions and post whatever works. Actually knowing what airlines depart from which airports will be a big help. I don't mind going to the airline website for a price - the pain is that I have to guess say USAIR and plug in all the info just to find out that with USAIR I have to actually traansfer thru another airport that I could have drove to. I hope that makes sense!