Lost luggage

Jul 15th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Kathy

Lost luggage

How far will an airlines deliver luggage to? When I get into SJO we are driving 3 hrs to Arenal Volcano. I hate that I can't bring two pieces of luggage onboard.

Jul 16th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Lynn

Kathy,

On a return trip from Florida USAir lost our luggage. It was delivered to us about 8 hrs. later via taxi cab. It was apparent someone had gone thru our belongings, even the locks (pre 9/11) were missing. That was the second time lost luggage has been delivered to our family. I believe if the airline feels responsible they will deliver it to you at whatever your destination, but I am not positive on that fact.

Jul 16th, 2002, 01:39 PM
yyy

Lynn, what a US airline will do in the US and what a foreign airline will do outside the US are two different things. We don't know if Kathy is on a US or foreign carrier but her question is about delivery over a fairly long distance in a foreign country. Your experience with USAir in the US is irrelevant.

Please people, if you don't know the answer, please don't obfuscate the issue... your irrelevant experiences do not help the poster.

Jul 16th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Kathy

To clarify: I'm flying American Airlines to Costa Rica. Altho the volcano is only approximately 100 miles, I understand that due to horrible road conditions the trip by vehicle can by 3.5 hrs.

Jul 17th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Lynn

yyy,

Did you not read the entire post? I said "I am not positive on that fact". If anyone has a brain (apparently, you do not) they know to check with the airline they are using before departing. Let's see... since when was American Airlines a foreign airline? And yyy's post helped the poster in what way???

Jul 17th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Charlie

I flew into Dublin on Aer Lingus and my "lost"luggage was delivered to me 2 days later in Cashel.Thats a distance of 100+ miles.Check with your air line they may not all be the same.

Jul 18th, 2002, 03:21 PM
xxx

Hi Kathy,

I just want to make sure that I am understanding your question correct - are you saying that you can only take one piece of luggage on the plane and are leaving the other one behind in hopes that they will deliver it to you? Or do you think that because you are not carrying it on, it will be lost?

Jul 19th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Kathy

I am definitely NOT leaving a piece of luggage behind. Just wondering as I fly approx once a month and have had luggage not make it three times.

I called the airlines and they said it depends on the airport as to how far they will deliver.