Northwest or other certificates

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to pay full fare for a ticket does anyone know where I can get a certificate online or a magazine that has one for Northwest ? Thank you
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 02:51 AM

I don't recall seeing these certificates distributed through magazines in the past. The occasional electronic versions aren't generally made available through a website. Rather, they are e-mailed to targeted customers. (Almost always often, the coupons are individually coded "one-time use" versions.) Many people have found them in the most recent (current) Valpak coupon mass mailings.

WorldPerks members who use the Northwest affinity cards, have telephone service that provides WorldPerks miles or engage in certain other partner activities can generally count on seeing these coupons turn up in their mail a few times each year. For those who happen to live in one of the major hub cities for Northwest such as Minneapolis, coupons are much less common.

Despite the fact that the coupons are void if 'bartered, sold, etc.,' I note that there are currently no less than 19 of them listed on ebay. I've also noted that when I check on previous posts by people requesting them here over a period of time, I frequently find that there aren't any, or that they deal exclusively with trying to find these coupons. Please note that I am not absolutely not accusing anyone of anything here, but it is just something that I've noticed and others have probably noticed it, too.

These coupons have been regularly shared at no charge between regular participants in the Fodors online community at no charge, which is within the terms of the coupon. The prospects for that happening are probably greater in the case of people who "recognize" each other from prior interactions on this website.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 08:52 AM

I can't believe people try to sell these on ebay. I have had a couple I have sent to Fodorites who needed them and I would never dream of charging for something like this.

If you sign up for Worldperks, you will get them occassionally.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM

Where are you flying to and from.
Maybe I can help you.
Casey.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Sending son from Omaha, NE to Ft Myers to see Mother. Thanks anyone for any help.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 11:33 PM

If anyone has a discount certificate that they will not use, I would be interested in one that can be used on travel from Minneapolis to Europe in June. Please email me at [email protected], if you have one that you'd like to give away.
Thanks,
Chad