jfk long term

Mar 1st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

jfk long term

Planning to leave car for 14 days @ JFK. Please advise most convenient and safest. I noticed a couple on the internet. thanks for the help.

Michael
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:21 PM

We use Avistar...very convenient and very efficient. They have coupons on the net but I'll tell you something; what with the air train now running to the long term lots at JFK, they might not be a bad alternative. The only thing is I feel a little safer leaving the car with Avistar rather than just leaving the car sitting in the long term lot; although I guess in jockeying cars around, you never know just how safe your car really is.
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - further Avistar question:

do they park your car or do you park it your self/ also are the cars under cover or just out in a lot.

Thanks again.
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:03 PM

I used Avistar at JFK just a couple of weeks ago and I was very satisfied. Make sure you call ahead for a reservation and you will receive a confirmation number. When you arrive a rep will ask for your number and that's it. They park your car. Another rep puts your bags on the shuttle bus and off you go to your flight. On the return they want you to call after you claim your baggage. The only drawback is that you have to travel to other terminals with other customers so allow extra time for that. There's a coupon on the internet which offers 1 or 2 days free depending on the length of your stay.
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:04 PM

Forgot to say that your car will be waiting for you upon your return so that after you pay you can be on your way.
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM

If you use Avistar be sure to go to their website. They often have coupons on there that you can print up that give you your first night free.

Search this Thread