Search

itinerary problems

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Holly

itinerary problems

I am scared that my lack of travel knowledge has caused me to make a mess of things--I knew this was too good to be true. We purchased two tickets for a trip to England from bestfares.com--$329 each and I thought I specified "travel together" but now I have received my itinerary from sabre virtually there and it looks they have us flying seperately from Houston to Charlotte and then travelling together fom Charlotte to London--is this common? is this why the tickets were so cheap? It is USAIR. <BR>I hope I am just misreading the itinerary but the flight #'s definetly show two different airplanes. I would love to email this to someone for validation/advice? <BR><BR>Since we did not use a travel agent, I am afraid we are stuck with this inconvenience....ughhh!!!! <BR>

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
Love

Holly,<BR>Why don't you just call bestfares. com at 1-800-880-1234.<BR>It would seem like the best way to find out what's going on. <BR>Good Luck!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:41 AM
Holly

OK, when I printed the e-tickets everything matched up on both of our tickets. It looks like the sabre virtually there ticket was maybe showing an option? or something for the connection needed from Houston to Charlotte--in between the two connecting flights (which is why I thought we would each be on a different one) there is a "flight time notice:Virtually there has noted a discrepancy in your flight times--please verify with your arranger or airline"???? But I don't see any conflict Should I just trust the e-tickets?? Hope y'all don't think I am an idiot--this is my first time to do this! THanks.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:39 AM
COresBoy

No. It would probably be best to double check to make sure that everything is kosher. Doesn't hurt to double check.<BR><BR>GIG 'EM!!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:37 PM
sister

Perhaps there was a schedule change and one itinerary shows it..the other doesn't? how odd to book two reservations at the same time and be put on separate planes. Can't go standby anymroe either, without forking over $100 to US-SCARE.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:26 PM
Holly

So who should I call to verify--the airline, virtually there are best fares?? This makes me so uneasy--I am afraid US Air is going to flake out on this flight before March--WDYT about US Air???

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:39 PM
May

And if you are on US there is no stand by at all for any amount of money. I would call Bestfares and then the airline to verify what bestfares tells you.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:15 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Actually, I would do things in the reverse order. Is there a record locator number on your e-ticket? If not, there will be ticket numbers for each passenger. Get those numbers together and call U.S. Air to see what they have in their system first. If there is no problem, then there is no reason to call Bestfares. (While you're at, get your seats assigned for the trans-atlantic segment and your initial leg(s), too). <BR><BR>Secondly, $329 is a bonafide steal. In the event that you ARE flying separately to Charlotte from Houston, how big of a deal is that going to be? Are we talking about somebody spending many hours in the airport at one place or the other? It might not be worth much to fix it on the ticket side, even it it IS a little messed up. I would sooner spend a smaller amount of money on getting a day pass (or two) for an airport club than to fork it over for a change fee, if it's not a really major inconvenience.<BR><BR>Good luck and don't worry about it too much. It's clear that even if you did make a mistake, it's probably a relatively minor one and it clearly shouldn't jeopardize the overall trip.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:26 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Quick add here: it may be too far in advance to get seats assigned for a March flight. I don't know U.S. Air's policy on that.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:47 PM
COresBoy

About Jim's advice:<BR>Best Fares most likely has a separate record locator than US does, but they can deffinately look it up by ticket number. It is best to find out what the airline has you down for first since that is what is most important. Then verify with Best Fares. <BR>If toward the top of your ticket under "Fare Basis/Ticket Designator" it says "BT" or "Bulk", then Best Fares may be the only ones who can help you with changes. I'm just letting you know in advance in case you do need to make adjustments and US says that they can't help you when it comes to flight adjustments.