Reload this Page >

FYI: United will accommodates changes, following rescheduling of flights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:40 PM
been rearranged

I am posting this in case any of you have been inconvenienced by United's rescheduling of flights, for tickets that you have already bought.<BR><BR>We are going to the Caribbean this Christmas with United airlines. We had bought our tickets a while back and our flights involved a very long day of travel to get there (3 flight segments).<BR><BR>With the reduction & rescheduling of flights they did last week, our very first flight was moved much too earlier for us to be comfortable with. I decided to see if we could leave the night before instead.<BR><BR>Our TA spoke with someone at United and was able to change our booking without any fuss. We will now spend the night at an airport hotel in Chicago and have lots more time to make our following two connections.<BR><BR>United had no problems dealing with our request and waived all fees for changing the flight and reissuing the ticket. This was for non-refundable tickets, with all the current restrictions.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:42 PM
been rearranged

I should specify that the airport hotel is at our expense - which is OK.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:56 PM
frank

i don't get your point. THEY changed your flight times ( if I'm reading your post correctly) and would have to let you reschedule therefore.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 05:11 PM
been rearranged

Actually, no. The rescheduling was still within the 2-hour rule.<BR><BR>Given the class of ticket we have, we should have paid for changing the first flight segment to the day before. However, yours was the argument I used.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 05:20 PM
frank

Glad they were acccomodating(wrong word maybe!!!) I just can't understand why they wouldn't be. Surely an airline wants repeat business and being inflexible won't help them in the long run. Of course it should mean that their customers give them enough time to fill up the now vacant seat.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 05:54 AM
jamfly

Been,<BR><BR>Thanx for the update. I'm facing a similar problem with Delta (see Delta Cancels thread elsewhere on this board). I haven't called Delta yet as I wanted to get a feel from others about the approach to take. Got great feedback from other posters and now I know I should be able to change my tix to another flight without having to pay the change fee.