Input regarding vayama?

Sep 21st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Input regarding vayama?

I am getting tempted to book this great fare I'm getting for International travel from this site called vayama.com. I had never heard of this site and sort of stumbled across it....anyone have any input regarding this site?

None of the competitor websites offer a fare even close for my specific itinerary, so just being careful before I punch in the digits of my credit card.

Thanks, your input is appreciated.
Sep 21st, 2010, 08:05 AM

I booked a trip SEA to NCE with them a couple of years ago because of the price. Almost immediately I had buyer's regret, wishing I had paid a little more for a shorter, more direct flight. I tried to cancel my reservation with vayama, but they wouldn't go for a refund. (Pretty long on hold). I'm not sure that this is different from most of the airlines. That being said, everything worked out fine with the flights. We flew United to Paris (train to Nice), and Lufthansa back from NCE. If there is a big price difference I wouldn't hesitate.
Sep 21st, 2010, 02:29 PM

Hi Zatrams999 - Here's my offer....if you have found that the flights and fares you've found on the vayama site meet your travel needs and budget, go ahead and book. If after completing your booking you have any questions or concerns, send them via email to [email protected] Attn David. I will be more than happy to answer your questions and/or provide assistance as necessary.

Happy Travels!
David
Vayama Customer Relations Manager
Sep 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM

Wow, someone is monitoring these posts. . . .

Having said that, Vayama does indeed often undersell some competitors by a bit. I've never heard anything negative about them. Good luck.
Sep 22nd, 2010, 03:41 AM

I used vayama to buy my ticket to Prague. No problems at all, and they had the best price for my trip. I would use them again in a heartbeat.
Sep 22nd, 2010, 12:46 PM

I was not so fortunate with Vayama. They routed me on United from Dallas to Chicago and Alitalia on to Rome, returning on Alitalia to JFK connecting on American to DFW. I specifically emailed a Vayama agent to find out (before I booked the flight) what would happen if I missed my connection in Chicago or New York. She replied that if I were late getting in, United was responsible going and Alitalia coming home and they would take care of the situation should problems arise because all of the travel was on the same ticket. I must have had an omen because, sure enough, we missed our flight out of Chicago and, United found us a later flight into Rome (with an additional connection). But, Alitalia refused to endorse our ticket to United so we waited in Chicago for 24 hours for Alitalia's next flight to Rome covering the expenses for the hotel, etc. ourselves.. Then, on our return flight we again missed our connection and Alitalia just said "too bad--not their responsibility". American was much nicer and said if we would take a cab to Laguardia, they could send us on a later flight that night without a change fee. So, next time, I would not take a chance on Vayama for anything but a direct flight.
Sep 22nd, 2010, 01:27 PM

Alitalia is generally in the right here. On the outbound they got you on what looks to be their next available flight. That is all they are "rersponsible" for. It is a rare ticket which is eligible to be endorsed to another airline.

On the return AX should have been a bit more proactive but as they don't fly domestic US they would, if they were nice, still have passed the ball to AA. And AA met their obligation to get you on the next flight. (No airline pays for taxis between terminals such as JFK/LGA so they are still marginally ok there.)

None of that to say they should not have been at least a bit more helpful to you. But then again, that's Alitalia for you.

And Vayama has no responsiblity in the entire matter at all. They duly booked you as agents of the airlines and, at the time of booking, the problems were not on anyone's radar. The true test of them would be how they would have assisted if you had phoned them.
Sep 24th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response everyone, appreciate the feedback.

I was able to find a more direct flight on another website, with less stop-overs (for both to and from my destination) and have decided to go with them instead.

Since this is only a two week trip, shortest flight time was my main criteria in deciding this.

Search this Thread