How much carry on luggage can we bring?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the latest rules on carry on luggage?
We are flying out of LaGuradia on Delta to Boston. From Boston we're flying on Air France to Paris & IF we make these two tight connections, we then catch (or not catch)an Air France partner to Limoges.
If we miss the Limoges connection, then we'll take a train to a small town north of Limoges where friends will come for us.
Of course at this point we're completely nuts about all these connections & times. We've decided to carry our luggage on board, thinking that if we miss one of these flights at least our luggage won't be sitting somewhere for days--& then how would we get it!!

Would we be able to each carry on one suitcase,21" & one small backpack? I could stuff my pocketbook into my packback.
Wouldn't the small packback then be considered my pocketbook?
Of course DH would also have a suitcase & small backpack.
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 10:35 PM

As long as you stuff your purse in your backpack while you go through security, you'll be fine.
Old Jul 17th, 2007, 07:25 PM

Don't suppose you are flying First Class or Business class. They are a bit more relaxed but then you are paying thru the nose for the seats so they should be!
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 03:23 AM

France does not have the UK one bag rule therefore you don't have to stuff your pocketbook in hand luggage
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:39 AM

Be very careful if you miss the connection to Limoges and decide to take the train. Normally, if you miss such a flight, the airline will cancel the remainder of the booking, thus causing lots of grief, if not loss, with your return flight to the US.

So, if missed, try to get AF to arrange for that train (thus completing the segment requirement) or at least to provide assurances that the rest of your journey will not be cancelled.