Help with Vueling, please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We booked a flight from Santiago de Compestela to Barcelona Sept. 28. Due to advice from the forum, we booked thru Rumbo, paid, got a conf. number from them and one to use with Vueling. Vueling said we could not confirm thru the web, needed to call. Tried calling with no luck - using 011-34-001-717.

I googled 'Vueling customer service" and got a number in the UK (we are in the U.S.) The site seems to be Get Human. Anyone have any knowledget of them?

We will have been in Portugal for a while and this is the start of our Spain leg. We really don't want to wait til we get to Santiago to confirm this. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? Thank you CJ
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM

What is it that you are trying to confirm? If you have a Vueling confirmation number (6 characters, letters and numbers) there is no additional confirmation required.

You should be able to go to vueling.com (can click in the upper right to select English language) click "Your Booking" then "Manage your booking" to get to a screen where you enter the booking code (Vueling's code, not Rumbo's) and your email to see your reservation.

We flew Vueling out of Barcelona last month and it was pretty smooth sailing - not posh by any means but relatively low cost, on time and efficient. Do be sure to familiarize yourself with the various additional fees which may accrue, from advance seat selection to bag fees.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Hi Seamus
Should is the operative word. When we do that we get an 'incorrect e-mail" response. We seem to be in limbo. Thanks for your response though.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I did not answer your question. Since we did this with Rumbo, we wanted to have some contact with Vueling and book seats, if that was appropriate. It is only an 1 1/2 hour flight so we aren't particular about where we sit (as long as it is inside the plane.) We are just trying to tie up all of the loose ends. Thanks, again.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Sounds like Rumbo may have put in their own email address instead of yours. Call them to resolve.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 09:17 PM

Yep, I had the same thought - I'd check with Rumbo to see what they might be able to do for you.

BTW, is there some advantage to booking through Rumbo versus directly with the airline? I booked our Vueling tickets on their site and it was pretty straightforward.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 10:03 PM

<i>Due to advice from the forum, we booked thru Rumbo</i>

That's unusual advice, in most cases the recommendation is to book directly with the airline to prevent problems just like yours. Indeed some airlines DON'T allow 3rd party bookings and may cancel bookings made that way.

Who gave the advice to book through Rumbo?

Your contract is not with Vueling but with Rumbo, so it's up to them to sort things out. As for the email address, at a guess Rumbo have messed things up
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all of your advice. It has been resolved. Of course, we should have gone straight to Rumbo. We did and they had an e-mail address for Vueling that we used and are all set.

As to why we booked with Rumbo - We normally do book directly with the airline but had read on the forum about people having trouble with Vueling and someone (I have no idea at this point who it was) sugguested that going to Rumbo was much easier. So, go, we did! Live and learn.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM

Glad it worked out, CarolJean. Another dang learning experience...