Search

IAD terminals

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2013, 03:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAD terminals

I'm not sure if this information is available yet or not...I realize departure gates change quite often...but we are flying from RDU to IAD on August 30, arriving in IAD at 8:52pm, then departing for MUC at 10:00pm. The flight time has already been adjusted down once, and as you can see, we now have 1 hour 8 minutes connection time. Is it possible to find out yet what Terminal and generally what gate area the flights will arrive/depart from? We are on a United flight from RDU to IAD and then Lufthansa to MUC. I wasn't sure if there is a particular area that generally serves these two carriers. I'm just trying to figure out how much running we will have to do to reach our departure gate.
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 04:42 AM

Go to the IAD website - you'll find your answers there:

http://www.metwashairports.com/dulles/dulles.htm
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Ok - I looked there but I only see where the ticket counters are...and the gates, but I'm not seeing where the departures are for a particular airline..is there somewhere else I need to look?

Thank you!
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 05:03 AM

Your mainline UA flight from RDU will arrive at Concourse C or D, and your LH flight to MUC will depart from Concourse B. That means you need to take either the Aerotrain from C to B.

There is also a mobile lounge shuttle from D to A, where you can walk to B, but I'll let others chime in whether that is a time saver or not.
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 05:33 AM

you got your answer from rkkwan but for future reference on the website click using the "Flight Information" dropdown menu select "Flight Schedules" then either "Arrivals" or "Departures" and you'll be directed to a chart showing the different flights, airlines and arrival gates/terminals for all of today's flights. Obviously no one can give you definite arrival/departure gates for future flights but you'll have an idea of the different terminals that are used by your airline.

Also, if you go to the wikipedia webpage for Dulles International (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing...tional_Airport) you'll find a complete list of airlines and the specific concourses they operate from.
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both. Hopefully we will have enough time to get to the gate. The airline changed the connection time from 1 hour 30 minutes down to 1 hour 8 minutes. Let's hope we arrive a little early from RDU.

I appreciate your help!
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:32 AM

I think the Aerotrain is faster than the lounge thing.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

So if we arrive at Concourse C, we can take the Aerotrain to A or B. Would it be faster to get off the train at A and walk down to B or take the whole loop around to B?
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
It depends on which gate you are need to get to. In general the Aerotrain is faster than walking. Check out the Aerotrain map
http://www.metwashairports.com/file/...in_map_pdf.pdf