Search

Help for a friend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help for a friend

I have a friend flying Delta IND-ATL-CDG, on flight 500 from IND to ATL.

The flight arrives at ATL at 20:03 and departs at 20:55 on an flight "operated" by Air France.

It's been years since I flew through ATL, but I know enough that 52 minutes is really not long of a connection.

She booked this flight through Delta, so I wonder if the flight from IND and the departing flight are on the same concourse. When I fly internationally, I've been subjected to at least a three-hour wait between departing international flights.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Sorry - I realised I gave this a rather ambiguous title, tried to stop the post from sending through before changing the title. Please see the other thread.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 07:45 AM

Personally, I would look to see if there is an earlier flight to Atlanta. If there is, I would call Delta, tell them you had received a message to change to the earlier flight. You didn't say what time of the year it was but unless you won't be too upset arriving one day late, be safe.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
if the entire itinerary is booked on one ticket issued by Delta, then your friend is "protected" should there be a misconnection - they'd get on the next available flight out. However it's plainly a "legal" connection. That said, it could still be very inconvenient and I would ask for an earlier departure from IND.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

The flight departs 20th of April.

She's meeting her daughter who is an exchange student in France at CDG (issue enough of its own!), and the daughter is living an hour outside of Paris and catching the metro in. So, it could be a bit of a communication nightmare if the connection is missed.