Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Help finding website showing available seats on flights

Apr 27th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

I remember reading on one of the forums a website that let you look up your flight and shows available seating.

Does anyone know the site?

TIA!
Apr 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM

Here's a webpage with several links that may be helpful:

http://flyaow.com/classavailability.htm

Try out the various portals to ITN. The result will show all the seats left, in the various fare code class; but will only show "9" for more than 9 seats left in that bucket.
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Cassandra

Anyone know what the "Seatmap" utility (listed on the flyaow.com website noted above) belongs to, i.e., who gets to have password, membership, access?

Apr 27th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

That's the website. Thanks.

I looked under the AMEX ITN area, then put in the flight info and then looked at seats. Kind of complicated, but good for those of us who are nosy.
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:03 PM

Cassandra - I didn't get to use seatmap.com before they switched to a password-protected site. No idea how to get memship there. And nowadays, most US airlines let you see seats available on a particular flight before you book it, so that's not a problem anymore. For airlines outside the US, many still don't provide advanced seat assignments.
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Cassandra

Some airlines make it MUCH more difficult than others. Best I've found is Delta, which lets you see the seats before you even click to select an itinerary. American makes you open a second window and do some cumbersome window-jumping website-acrobatics to find seats/flights/itineraries. Worst is USAir/United, which forces you to go all the way to entering a credit card number before they reveal available seating -- IF they do that, since a lot of the codeshare flights don't make seating charts available at all. (Of course, forget the discount airlines). No experience with Continental or NW...

I have used AmEx to get around the United bugaboo but there are fewer and fewer UA flights that even post seating.

Apr 28th, 2004, 05:41 AM

I fly CO most of the time, and on their website, one has to choose both flights, and then enter "a name" and "a phone number", in order to look at the seats. But no credit card information is needed.