Search

Airline Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline Seats

Which seats are the best to pick traveling to Europe from the USA. There will be four of us. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:15 AM

Your posting is a bit vague? What airline, what class of service? Preferences---asile, middle, bulkhead ??
You can check out: www.seatguru.com for comments on specific planes.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:29 AM

There's this cool site: http://www.seatguru.com/
It has maps of seats for different plane models, with good and bad seats marked.

Remember that you have to check in early to get the seats you choose. Most airlines now encourage you to make an online check in, so if you check in at the airport the good seats will already be taken by people who checked in on the internet.

Rachel,
www.dream-vacation-in-tuscany.com
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 04:31 AM

First class. Much more comfortable!

Or to save money, then economy, in the back, would be preferrable.

Seriously.. there isn't a right answer to this. No two models of planes have the same seat arrangement. You have to figure out what plane you'd be on from the airline site, then use mauld's seat guru link to make your decision. And if you're lucky, they won't switch planes on you between the reservation and the flight.

Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:13 AM

When travelling with just 1 other person, I like the planes with the 2-5-2 configuration and like to get a set of 2 seats by themselves about 2/3 toward the back. Back too far and you're too close to the restroom, but 2/3 is sufficiently far back that you don't have all sorts of people bumping you as they get onto the plane.

Barring that, seats about 2/3 back where one of us has the aisle seat - usually me because I am ansty and end up getting up and down a lot on flights. My husband just sleeps or reads his book and ignores everyone so he can have a non-aisle seat without any problems.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:29 AM

My wife and I travel across the aisle from each other if we can't get a 2-row to ourselves. More room and better access to toilets. The downside is other people needing to get to the aisle.

Some people hate being right next to the toilets, because of the disruption, but those of us with small bladders love 'em. Others love bulkheads because of the legroom, but I have short legs and don't care (I'd change my tune if I was allowed to lie on the floor!)

The best seats of all (unless you get bumped into business or first!) on are the small 2-seat rows at the back of a 747, but they're always taken, no matter how early we try.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Hi
If you're traveling economytry to get the exit row seats.. More legroom. If you can open the exit in an emergeny it's probably the best you can get. I also like the back of the plane, but it gets noisey there from the engines.