Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or with any of these other sites:

Iflyfirstclass.com

accessfares.com

flyeliteclass.com

I'm considering using one of them for a flight from San Francisco to Arusha. I'm not a frequent flyer so don't have miles with any particular airline and these sites seem to offer attractive discounts on business and first class fares.

Thanks in advance…..
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 10:31 AM

Did you get actual figures from any of these sites? I contacted 3-4 of thses discount biz/1st class discounters and got no offer that was as promising as the ads. I actually called my TA who got us biz class seats to Tokyo for LESS that what any of them offered and I can get miles too as the carrier I got is part of Star Alliance whereas none of the others offered miles. Just be careful, try expedia, orbitz, kayak, priceline, etc. and/or a TA and be sure you are getting the best deal.

If you don't want miles ok but I still got a better deal with miles than the brokers offered.
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for responding jacketwatch….No, I haven't contacted any of the discounters…I'm skeptical and appreciate your comments. As the saying goes, when something sounds too good to be true….
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 03:47 PM

You're welcome. One guy wanted me to buy the outgoing fare for 2k for 2 passengers and wait until he found a suitable inbound fare as the one he procured has like 3 connections. Hmmm. Why would anyone want to buy half w/o knowing what the rest of it was??? Yesterday some other guy gave me a price which was 1st class and >2k above the biz class I was asking for, then asked me what I wanted to spend. When I told him he got snippy, said something about me insuating God knows what and I just said thanks for your time but its not what I am looking for. Just be careful. Caveat emptor.
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM

bad news - they are re-selling award tickets from frequent fliers, which is against program rules. Airlines have stepped up their surveillance for this prohibited practice and both cancel the itinerary and close the account of the frequent flier. You could find yourself denied boarding on day of the flight.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:05 AM

I see you just joined to post this remark, Henry77. Who are you working for?