Fun Destinations for Fortieth?

Jun 15th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Fun Destinations for Fortieth?

Four of my closest childhood friends and I want to plan a trip to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We're looking for places in Europe or an Island within 6 hours of the East Coast (specifically Baltimore)that are interesting. We would like to find deals on flights, or even package deals if they are flexible with hotels, meals etc... I'd appreciate any information or suggestions you can provide!
Jun 16th, 2004, 06:00 AM
sandi

Consider Morocco - 6-hrs from NYC, exotic, different culture, adventurous, desert, cities, markets, history, ruins - intriguing and relatively inexpensive.

Jun 16th, 2004, 05:31 PM

Well 6hrs from Baltimore heading to Europe will land you in the Atlantic, you need to allow another hour or so! seriously, you have the choice of the Caribbean, Mexico or some fun European destination such as Spain, where you'd have a great time, but you might want to look at perhaps the Caribbean or Mexico.
Personal;ly I found Morocco a loussy place, sorry!
Jun 17th, 2004, 06:19 AM
mjz

I don't know what time of year you would be travelling, but give Portugal some consideration. Lisbon is a reasonable trip from the East and has much to offer in terms great hotels, restuarants, history, etc. You could spend a few day in Lisbon and then head to the Algrave (region in Portugal) for stunning landscape and beaches.

You have so many options....have fun.
Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the great suggestions, everyone!

Search this Thread