Frontier or Southwest Rewards?

Apr 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Frontier or Southwest Rewards?

Hi, my brother is in Denver and trying to figure out the best reward plans for the few(er) trips he will be making. Frontier and Southwest both fly to a lot of the places he would like to go in future, and are competitive.

We see they both have frequent flyer plans and I am trying to research about them. Have been reading flyertalk but am overwhelmed by the acronyms.... Any preferences for either and why?

Also, he would like to go back to Europe and/or Latin America some day so if either of these plans have miles that would transfer to an airline partner, that would be great.

Thanks!
Five Alive
Apr 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM

SW does not currently transfer to anyone. However, they are aquring Air Tran which will give them SOME flights to Latin America. Nothing to Europe.
Apr 18th, 2011, 07:20 AM

If he only makes a few trips a year, then don't worry about it. Sign up for both and just book the cheapest fare each time.
Apr 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

thanks, that's what we'll do. Also, if anyone knows if either credit card is worth doing?
Apr 18th, 2011, 04:47 PM

I'm a Southwest Visa girl. I put everything on that card and pay it off each month. We earn a free flight about every 3-4 months but we do put EVERYTHING on that card including college text books for two kids so I doubt most people earn as quickly as we do.

I love that you can buy a ticket on SW and cancel without penalty because your funds go in reserve and you can use it as a credit for future travel up to a year from original date of purchase. You can use that credit for anyone, not just the person who was originally scheduled to travel.
Ann Marie