FRA Layover

Jul 28th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

FRA Layover

Hello everyone,

I am travelling from Hamburg to Thessaloniki in mid-September on Aegean Airlines via Frankfurt. Just checking on what people think about a 1 hour 45 min layover being enough in Frankfurt. It seems like enough time, but we are a family of four with two young children, so racing to beat the clock becomes a little bit tougher.

Have tried to find out whether we need to change terminals or anything of the sort, but can't seem to find much. Does anyone know if the distances required are vast and whether this connection would be a problem? Thanks for your help and happy travels to all.
Jul 28th, 2011, 04:41 AM

1.45 is more than enough time. You will not have to go through security, and you will not have to go through passport control. It is possible that you'll have a long walk between gates, but you'll still have plenty of time. Your flight from Hamburg to Frankfurt is operated by Lufthansa (even though your ticket might use an Aegean flight number), so you will check in at the Lufthansa ticket counter there. They'll give you boarding passes for both flights at Hamburg.
Jul 28th, 2011, 06:04 AM

I agree. You should be fine with that amount of time. I was thru there just a little over a week ago, and had about two hours. Plenty of time.
Jul 28th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

DonTopaz and simpsonc510-thanks for the help. This is great info and verifies what I was thinking/hoping. I appreciate the help, all the best.
Aug 31st, 2011, 10:31 AM

I've found Frankfurt airport to be very well organized and provided your first leg isn't delayed, you'll probably even have time to grab a bite to eat.