Found lower fare after Tix Booked - Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I booked tixs on AA yesterday for $410 each. Today the same tixs are $328. I called AA to see if I could have the lower fare and was told that b/c the fare was available at the time of booking (although it was sold out), I do not get a price change. Is this normal practice or does something smell fishy?

Thanks in advance!
Tosca
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:58 AM

Tosca...You should be able to get the difference if fare in an MCO(Miscellaneous Charges Order)...This is called a "roll over" and to the best of my knowledge, AA still does this without penalty,fee or whatever.I think you just got an agent not familiar with roll overs.I would call back.As long as no changes whatsoever are made in dates times flights you should be OK.I hope this helps.
Old May 12th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

BeachBoi - Thanks for your response. It was very helpful!!! I called AA and told the rep what you had mentioned. She said that the original agent was correct - the fare was avail yesterday when I booked the tixs but was sold out. Now the inventory has opened up. So she offered me the reduced fare but for a $25 fee per tix. So I ended up saving $130!
Thanks again!

Tosca
Old May 12th, 2004, 12:16 PM

Good for you!!
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
yk

This happened to my BF last month. He booked a ticket DFW-PHL on aa.com for $268. A few days later, I happened to be surfing on AA's website and decided to punch in his dates to see what the price is. The price had lowered to $218. He called AA and they agreed to send him a voucher for the price difference (instead of giving him the $ back). This works out for him as he lives in DFW. I'm sure he'll be able to use the voucher within 1 yr.