Search

Flown Alitalia lately?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flown Alitalia lately?

For anyone who has taken a flight on Alitalia, from NYC to Rome,recently: how
was Alitalia regarding promptness? And other than the usual discomforts of flying coach, did you experience any other problems?
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:18 PM

I flew Alitalia a month ago from Chicago to Milan and then on to Catania in Sicily.Their international service seemed different than the airline that I work for-there was no cocktail service before dinner or "seconds" on the coffee service after dinner. I never saw the flight attendants between the dinner service or breakfast although they left out bottles of juice and water to help yourselves with in the back of the plane. (My airline comes through economy every 20-30 minutes with a "water service" and an extra beverage service between meals on daylight flights.)The airplane was clean and the people seemed nice.Although we left on both flights about 15 minutes late we seemed to have arrived on time in both locations.I would fly them again.
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:55 AM

My mom and her boyfriend just got back from Italy. They flew from Miami to Milan on Alitalia in Business Class. They used a 777 going over and a 767 going back. They had several flights within Italy. They said all flights took off late and arrived early--go figure. They were very happy with the service but the seats were not flatbed in business.
Old May 11th, 2006, 09:42 AM

Never again as far as I'm concerned...and I won't go into all of the drama that I went through. Happy Travels!
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:31 AM

I avoid them at all costs. Can only speak for Y class, have not flown business. They scored 10/10 on the four flights...every one was terrible BUT they were on time.
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:34 PM

I've flow IAD-MXP twice in the past 8 months. Not the greatest equipment, but staff was fine and I was able to snag coach exit rows on three of four legs. We were slightly delayed leaving on one leg, but made it up en route.

The ``help yourself'' cart was out every flight.
Old Jun 4th, 2006, 01:44 AM

Had 3 flights with them last month in economy and everything went ok. Food is bad but I never found good food in any economy flight in any carrier. The planes were like all the other planes in coach, flights were on time and I actually found the seat pitch was larger than most carriers.
I will fly them again.