Flights from Cleveland Ohio to Naples Italy, Madrid to Cleveland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We (2 adults, 1 child-12) are flying in early June to Italy. We planned Naples as our first stop is the Amalfi Coast area. We will then fly out of Madrid late June, to Cleveland. Any suggestions about where to book the flights, flying tips/tricks are greatly appreciated. Also, our flying days are flexible so any tips on better days to fly is welcome. We do prefer to fly during the night on both flights.

Thank you!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM

You can start by doing a multicity search on kayak.com. Numerous possibilities but all appear to involve 2 stops. You won't want to fly during the night from Madrid to Cleveland.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
J62

I also like to use kayak.com for flight searches, then I go to the airline website to book.

Flights from Europe to the US are all day time flights. Most take off around mid day and land about 3 clock hours later in the Eastern US. (9hrs flight - 6 hr time zone change).
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 03:58 PM
pdx

itasoftware.com has a window that shows the cheapest days to fly in a 30-day period. It doesn't work for multiple-city searches but you can enter CLE-NAP and CLE-MAD in two separate searches for your lowest fares. Then you can use those dates fairly confidently when searching for the best airfares.

I've been using hipmunk.com for comparison shopping as well as kayak.com. It sometimes gives me options kayak doesn't come up with. And try skyscanner.net for the NAP-MAD portion if you don't like the flights provided by the other search engines.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
>>>It doesn't work for multiple-city searches but you can enter CLE-NAP and CLE-MAD in two separate searches for your lowest fares.<<<

You can do multi-city search on itasoftware. You enter your dates and check the box for plus or minus 2 days (new version).

New version:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Old version:
http://matrix1.itasoftware.com/cvg/d...8F65AE41F933FB

For some reason, Columbus seems to have cheap flights usually, but might be further than you would want to drive to catch a flight.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Wow! Thank you so much. I am now off to explore your links!

Thank you for the help!
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

I love the skysanner site for flights while we are there! I am new to the skyscanner site, I have found it easy to use, and love the flex by month schedule! Thank you!!!