Faremax?

Oct 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Faremax?

I bought our tickets to Rome on Faremax.com. However, their site is down so often now, I am wondering if they are legit? I am able to check my e-tickets through www.checkmytrip.com and it comes up ok....but...should I call the airlines and ask if they indeed have our names in the computer for the flights?
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:05 AM

I would have checked with the airline right after making the purchase, regardless of how stable the website it.

Keith
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:09 AM

If you saw your booking on checkmytrip.com, it's as good as calling the airline. You're fine! Guaranteed!
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

AAFrequentFlyer, thanks! You made me feel better!
Oct 28th, 2004, 11:43 AM

Could someone explain how checkmytrip.com works? Is the Amadeus reservation number the same as the Delta PNR? Or is it a different 6 digit alphanumeric code? I tried entering the DL PNR printed on my ticket and my last name in every possible combinable of upper/lower case that I could think of and all I get is 'your reservation cannot be found'. So what am I doing wrong?
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:08 PM

Patty,

You are not doing anything wrong. Sites like checkmytrip.com, virtuallythere.com offer this service, but they are limited as to what reservation system they are tapped into AND if the airline, hotel, car rentals permits outside vendors to see their reservations.

For example, AA does not. They use Sabre, which I believe virtuallythere.com is tapped into, but AA requested for Sabre to "hide" the reservations, so outside of aa.com or if you have a paid subscription to Sabre (travel agents, etc), these sites can't pull the reservation to be shown.

I don't know what system Delta uses and if they also "hide" their reservations, so just because you don't see it, it doesn't mean it's not a valid reservation. On the other hand, if it does come up as in the OP's case, it's the same info that the airline agent sees when you call the airline to confirm.

That's why I said, that as long as you could see the res on the above sites, that is as good as a direct airline confirmation.

If you can't pull it up on these sites and you can't pull it up on delta.com, then I would be worried, oher than that, you are not doing anything wrong.
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the thorough explanation! I thought maybe there was something really simple that I hadn't thought of. I can pull up my reservation on delta.com but it only shows my Delta segments. I have 4 other segments on AF/KL on the same ticket. I was hoping a site like checkmytrip.com would allow me to monitor everything on one site, but I guess that's not going to happen. Thanks again.