Search

Egypt Air

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt Air

Any information on Egypt Air would be helpful? Should
I consider upgrading to business class? Should I even be considering Egypt Air? Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 07:06 AM

I flew from NYC to Cairo in 2003 on Egypt Air and it was just fine. I have always flown coach class. If you go to Egypt during Ramadan, be aware that sites close earlier than usual.
Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM

I would fly Delta nonstop out of JFK to Cairo instead of Egypt Air. We flew them in Egypt and I thought that the planes were dirty,late and flight attendants less than attentive.
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:30 AM

It was 9 years ago - so certainly could be out of date. Flew EgyptAir RT JFK-Cairo plus 6 flights within Egypt with family of 4. We experienced no problems. Overseas flight was great - new, clean, comfortable flight. Food was a little odd (turkey with some sort of mid-Eastern spice on return flight - looked like US turkey dinner, tasted like something else) - but airline food is always a little odd at best. Cabin service fast and efficient.

Check-in at both JFK and Cairo less efficient than on US airlines - and this was a few months prior to 9/11 so would likely be different - better or worse - today.

Flights within Egypt were on older aircraft with little service - but they were less than 2 hours.

When we flew plane was half full and cabin staff made it clear that moving seating was up to them, not passengers. And they served tea first, with coffee on request. Other than that I noticed no real difference between good flight on a US airline and EgyptAir (no alcohol served but you could pick up 2 splits of wine upon boarding - not sure if they still do that)
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 10:49 AM

If you click on my "seafox" name you will find a 10 day trip report on Egypt from last year that will give you insight into Egypt Air. Short story is I would fly them again, in coach (business was not worth it). At some level it feels like their staff saved my life when I got sick, so I now have an affinity for them. The new EA Intl terminal in Cairo was a breeze and I had no issues at JFK - we arrived early to check in.
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM

Forgot to mention, the coach section of the plane had been refurbished and the seats were all new - we also carried on duty free vodka, which the staff was fine with us drinking with diet coke (my favorite beverage)
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM

Volka and diet coke? Thats a new one...
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM

There is a nick-name for it that I don't dare publish - ask your local bartender ... it's the perfect drink, diet (sort of), caffine and a kick of alcohol - and when you are drinking it no one knows....