Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know if you can use Ba's business class lounge in Delhi India if AA doesn't have an Admirals Club?

Search

Does anyone know if you can use Ba's business class lounge in Delhi India if AA doesn't have an Admirals Club?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AA res people don't know. Thanks!
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 11:33 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
There are no BA or Oneworld lounges at DEL. If you're traveling in AA business class you are directed to a third-party lounge that has, by all reports, the most disgusting bathrooms in all of loungedom. Most DEL-ORD posters on Flyertalk say you're much better proceeding to the gate and waiting airside.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Gardyloo for the info. I just called my son to give him the information from the Flyertalk Forum.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Delhi international is a horrid little airport with awful lounges. They are building something new, which I hope improves things.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

He got home this morning and not a moment too soon-problems at Connaught Place in Delhi and when a lightbulb exploded in the gatehouse at the airport he said that everyone was sure it was a gunshot!Rather him be in Ord than Delhi this holiday season. Happy holidays to all-thanks!
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Indira Ghandi International Airport was surprising to me. I expected a great airport with decent services, but there really isn't much available. There is only one tiny sit-down restaurant (and I use that term loosely!) and bar, and it's before security. My tiny, regional home airport offers more! The business/first class lounge is also before security (or at least it was in February 2008 when I flew in/out), which isn't ideal, and there's not much to it. The lounge is nothing like those in other international cities I've flown through. Something else I was surprised about--upon departure in Delhi, we couldn't bring ANY liquids with us on the plane--even those just purchased at the airport inside security. There was an individual pat-down of each person and a thorough pawing through of everyone's belongings before we could board. And this just seemed to be standard operating procedure--there wasn't heightened security or anything. The airport didn't seem particularly large to me--there wasn't even enough seats for all departing passengers to wait. Don't misunderstand--it wasn't dirty or anything, just small and without any real services or way to pass the time.
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
HKP

DH just flew AA292 to Delhi in Bus. Class and had essentially the same question -- concerned about being dropped off early and then waiting for his return flight leaving after midnight. I did a little scrounging and found this: <i>

&quot;For American Airlines Business Class passengers: American Airlines is pleased to offer our Premium Class Passengers access to the Maurya Sheraton Lounge.

Passengers traveling on AA293 departing from India: These passengers will receive an invitation to the Maurya Sheraton Lounge.

Location: The Maurya Sheraton Lounge is located inside the International Terminal at Indira Gandhi International Airport.&quot;</i>

I have no idea whether the Maurya Sheraton Lounge is at all comfortable (somewhere it said capacity 100, but ...), but at least you're not out in the corridors late at night.