Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Need information on business class lounge situation for AA in Delhi India?

Old Dec 8th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any information on what lounge to use if your are on a AA business class ticket out of Delhi India? It appears that there is not an Admirals Club lounge there and the AA agents did not offer anything else to me on the phone. I thought that there would be a chance to use British Airways lounge since they codeshare. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 09:46 AM

Assuming that your AA business class ticket will give you access to a BA lounge at DEL, here's what we can share. A few weeks ago, we flew BA from DEL to LHR and was granted access to a contract lounge that BA leases. That lounge is nothing to write home about (although I guess I am doing it now). It is a room roughly 20' by 40', crammed with tables and chairs and one desk for a computer with slow internet access. The food offerings and available reading materials were meager. For us, having a quiet place to relax while awaiting our delayed flight was fine, but perish the thought that the BA lounge in DEL bears any resemblance to that airline's Terrace Lounges at LHR and elsewhere.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM

As I recall, there is only one business class lounge at Delhi Airport - it is a contract lounge used by all of the airlines. It is small and dimly lit. There is a server that goes around taking drink orders but not much in the way of food. It was better than waiting in the main waiting area but not much.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks-my son is flying home tomorrow from Delhi to ORD and he has over 14 hours to kill before the flight. I was hoping that he could waste away time there but AA says he can only check in 4 hours before the flight.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Is it the one that is upstairs that was once run by Pan Am? My daughter and I used that one last year when we flew BA from Delhi to LHR.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM

I'm pretty sure there's only one.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 05:12 PM

anything to do with the delhi airport is terrible.....when i was last there i had to stand or sit on the floor while awaiting my boarding...