Delta comfort+ vs. BA Premium Economy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've flown many times with BA Premium Economy and find it well worth the addition cost. I don't want to ever think of coach again. I've looked at the Delta website and I'm not impressed with what I see. What do you think of Comfort+?
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 07:03 AM

I've taken Delta Comfort to Asia. Delta Comfort comprises of about two rows across the plane and is just before the Economy seats. In general, the seats are the same size as Economy. The difference is you have more legroom. I find that having this extra legroom made me feel better about the long flight as I felt I had more space around me. In any case, on my next flight to Asia, I did get the Premium seats which were even roomier (if even by an inch) but more legroom than Comfort.
Old Mar 9th, 2020, 08:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Delta Comfort is not the same as Delta Premium Select (more recline, wider, footrests, memory foam seats, etc.) which is not available on all routes. You might try comparing Delta Premium Select to BA Premium and see if they are more comparable.

Comfort + gets you a little more leg room and recline and also drinks on some domestic flights (Delta provides drinks to everyone transatlantic). I do select Comfort + over regular economy/main cabin on Delta transatlantic. I haven't tried Premium Select yet and the prices are higher than comfort.

Here's a comparison.

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/del...s-it-worth-it/
Old Mar 10th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Delta Comfort + hardly seems worth the extra costs to me being 5"10". I think both Premium Economy options look similar but Delta charges more than BA from what I can see.
I'm staying with BA Premium Economy when I can it's worth the cost
Thanks to all for your assistance
Old Mar 17th, 2020, 06:55 AM

I agree with kybourbon regarding Delta Premium Select as being different from Delta Comfort. As I said I tried both seats on flights to Asia and found that the Premium was nicer than Comfort and Comfort was better than Main Economy. It comes down to as whether as a passenger, you think the extra cost is worth it. With the flights to either Narita or Incheon being among the longest, I would want to be as comfortable as possible. As I get older, I have less and less tolerance for the discomfort that long haul;flights present.By the way, Delta does not always have Premium Select or Comfort on all routes. It seems that Delta has opted to offer only Premium on Asia routes with Comfort on the shorter routes.