CRJ - Delta Airlines partner Sky West

Dec 13th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Kath

CRJ - Delta Airlines partner Sky West

To get to where I want to go in Florida, Delta will put me on one of their partners, Sky West, in an airplane they call a CRJ. I looked up CRJ and apparently this stands for Canadaair Regional Jet. It seats 50 people. I'm not a very experienced flyer and so far I've only been on "big" planes. Little planes scare me. Is this equivalent to an American Eagle plane? Is the ride bumpier than with a big plane? I'd feel less apprehensive if I knew what I was getting into.

Dec 13th, 2002, 02:45 PM
BeachBoi

K
I always feel like I'm on my own private jet.There's 12 rows more or less of 4 seats across so its 2 x 2.Its small but it really gets up and goes fast.Landing too is a breeze.I dont think really you have any thing to worry about.
BB

Dec 13th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Gavin

I have never had a problem with the CRJ giving a bumpy ride. Be aware that the overhead bins are small.

Dec 14th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Joe

Kath, you'll probably be OK on the CRJ, but I have to say I hate them. Hate them.

They are cramped and if you are in a window seat, your feet have to tilt upwards to accommodate the curve of the fuselage (sp?). Any puffs of wind and they fishtail or swoop far more than the larger jets. Fortunately, I've never had to fly through serious turbulence in one, but I dread the day I have to.

Dec 14th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Kath

Sounds like a mixed bag. Thanks for the advice though, I feel better knowing what to expect. I'll put my 6 year old next the window since leg room won't be an issue for him. Delta is the only game in town from DFW to Pensacola and they recently switched this route to CRJ's from MD80's. Never thought I'd miss an MD80.

Search this Thread