Search

BA Moan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:11 PM
James

BA Moan

I recently travelled from Miami to Glasgow via Heathrow on British Airways. On checking in at Miami - I was not given boarding cards for the London to Glasgow flight. On querying this I was told this was no longer done due to security and they would be issued to me in London - but the baggage was labelled Glasgow, etc.<BR><BR>Anyway - got to London and asked for my boarding pass - they had no idea why I had not been issued with them in Miami - and had since sold my seats as I had not checked in as far as they were concerned and I had to wait 2hrs 30 mins for the next flight.<BR><BR>How p1ssed off was I? I asked the lady if we could get complimentary access to the lounge as a way of &quot;compensation&quot; for a wait that was down to a communication breakdown between their Miami staff and their London staff but was told that was not going to happen.<BR><BR>Think I have grounds for a complaint or should I just accept an honest mistake was made? <BR><BR>If you were an airline would you want to know they are in danger of losing a customer who had used them for long haul about 10 times in 3 years due to a silly mistake?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 01:29 PM
SilleeWillee

Suck it up,James.&quot;Had since sold my seats&quot;..did u not question why?Did u show them a copy of your itinerary showing you to be confirmed on the flight?I am sorry for your inconvenience.The airlines do not appreciate your loyalty or patronage.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Russell Farquer

YOU BET!!!! To error is human. But how can you fix something you don't know about. You are important, a repeat customer, they need you. I think it depends on your attitude. Are you trying to be helpful, or a complainer.<BR><BR>The T.V. set above my mothers seat was not working properly...there came numberous...&quot;We're sorry&quot;....along with a $75 voucher sent to her in the mail....Do you think BA cares?

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Marilyn

James, I bet if you write a letter to BA customer service you will get some compensation in the form of a voucher, some additional frequent flyer miles, or a pass to their lounge on your next trip. (I think the BA personnel who denied you access to the lounge under the circumstances you described was very foolish. The whole matter could have been settled to your satisfaction right there, and at virtually no cost to them.)<BR><BR>In the letter I would first state that you are a good customer (mention the trips you taken in the time frame) and then explain very clearly and without hostility what occurred. Take a very reasonable tone, and conclude with something like &quot;I really don't feel in this case BA performed up to the standards I have come to appreciate. I would hate to think that BA does not care about the comfort of its passengers or its own reputation for efficiency.&quot; <BR><BR>I bet you get something. Do post and let us know what happens.<BR>

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 12:01 AM
fiona

Marilyn<BR>Hope he has more luck than me! I had the unusual problem of booking a multi stop holiday through BA and trying to get them to take money for it! I phoned several times to say no money had come out of my account( stupid or what!!??) and was told that they HAD received money from me even quoting the date. I gave up and kept the money in my account. Anyway they realised eventually and took the money- no notification , never mind apology for all the carry on. I wrote a detailed letter explaining what had happened and that I had spent hours on the phone trying to get someone to sort it out- and that is not a lie as you spend up to 40 minutes on &quot;hold&quot; everytime you try to get through. I got a standard reply and wrote again, this time pointing out how often I use BA. and got 3 bottles of wine. I gave up after that.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 02:14 AM
John

A good letter should get you some cash back or a voucher or something towards another flight.<BR><BR>The latter is more likely. They may say the next time you fly with them give them a call in advance and they will treat you particularly well - i.e. a free upgrade.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Marilyn

Fiona, calling is awful, that's why I suggested writing a letter. And 3 bottles of wine is better than nothing!<BR><BR>By the way, I use my telephone hold time to improve my skills at computer solitaire. Keeps my blood pressure down.<BR><BR>