Search

CDG T2C to 2D

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG T2C to 2D

I will be arriving at CDG on AA in T2C then tranfering to AF to Athens in T2D. Is it easier to take the shuttle bus or just to walk? I am supposed to have a 2 hour layover, but I like to be prepared just in case the plane is late.

Thanks
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 12:12 AM

I just traveled through CDG from 2D to 2C with a toddler and our baggage and walked just fine. You will have to go away from the 2C terminal (toward the food court, not sure the cardinal direction), take an elevator down, walk some more, then take an elevator back up to 2D. It isn't that bad. Our family does this at least twice a year and we have never tried the shuttle. I made the walk with a 1.5 hour layover (including going through customs, getting luggage from an international flight, checking in on another airline for an inter-France flight). If you don't have to worry about luggage, you should even have time for a pain de chocolat!

After your trip, if you don't mind, let us know if you do decide to take the shuttle and if it is easy/quick.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

expatmommy,

I won't have to worry about my luggage as AA will transfer it to the Air France flight. It seems like I will have more than enough time to make the flight and enjoy the chocolat!!! Thanks for the help and I will report back on te shuttle situation.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 02:05 PM

Anitafla,

If you are flying AA you will be arriving at terminal 2A, not 2C (unless things have changed quite recently). Since terminals 2A and 2C are adjacent to one another, expatmommy's directions are correct anyway.

There's no point in taking a shuttle bus, which will just make a huge detour via the TGV station and terminal 2F.

When you land, simply follow the signs for the exit to Paris, go through immigration and customs, then head right, following the signs for the rental car area. You will take an escalator or elevator down to the rental car area, which you simply cross, heading up the other side to terminal 2D.

An easy walk, about 15 minutes from the customs exit at 2A.

Check
www.adp.fr
for airport info.

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Andre,

Thanks for the website. Originally I went to Air Frances website and when I entered my origination city (MIA) it showed Hall 2C - but I think that website is not updated frequently, so it may be wrong information. The last time I was at CDG was right after 9/11 and there was so much chaos at the airport that I hardly remember how I got from 2F to 2C. I am sure I will be fine - thanks, again.