Search

BA Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:15 AM
DaveR

BA Upgrades

Does anyone know if you can pay to upgrade on the day on BA flights to the US - from world traveller to world traveller plus? If so - how much? Can you pay on board (might be cheaper).

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:47 AM
AA

Sure, you could upgrade on BA. It will cost you exactly the same as if you bought the ticket right now. NO DISCOUNTS!<BR>When was the last time you flew?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 02:09 PM
sandi

Hey, we got upgrades from coach plus to business just by asking. I think BA is a good airline, and they are trying hard.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:09 AM
DaveR

Really!! What journey were you making? Where did you ask - when you checked in - or on board.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:47 PM
sandi

We ordered ONE business class ticket, paid for with FF miles, and some cash, then when we boarded asked to upgrade the second ticket, and they did! Same coming back...asked at checkin for an upgrade and she said 'only when a flight is full do they ever do it.' However,when we were boarding I ask again and he said 'sure'. So there you have it...no rules or regulations..just how the agent feels that day. As others have mentioned, I am sure it pays to look nice and act nice...also, my husband is a very frequent flyer...I am sure this has carries some weight.