Search

BA Food.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:46 PM
COresBoy

BA Food.

Had a sandwich on the flight from LGW to GLA a few weeks ago. It appeared to be some sort of brown relish. Can't recall if there was any meat on it. This was my first international trip and I'll try aything at least once. It wasn't too bad and I survived, so I can't complain. Just wondering what the heck it was.<BR><BR>Still wondering about that mystery danish I had on Delta a few years ago. I just know that it was some kind of fruit, but didn't have a flavor that I recognized.<BR><BR>Tried vegamite for the first time on that trip to GLA. You can keep it.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 01:57 PM
daphne

The brown relish on the B.A. flight could have been chutney. I had a very good sandwich in London at Pret a Manger made with chicken and chutney. The Brits seem to eat a lot more chutney than we do, maybe due to the ties with India.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:12 PM
stevex

What the hell is chutney? And why would you put it on a sandwich.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:28 PM
luciell

This may surprise most of you, but in the rest of the world outside the US (yes, it does exist!), most people have NEVER heard of peanut butter!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 09:36 PM
stevex

Have never seen it at McDonalds.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:22 AM
Suni

<BR>You guys are cracking me up!<BR><BR>Being a londoner (and indian!) it sounds weird that someone hasn't heard of chutney!<BR><BR>The brown relish could indeed have been chutney but it may also have been branston's pickle. I don't know if you get that in the states or not. It's like a fruity pickle and it's generally served in a sandwich called a ploughmans (cheese, salad, pickle).<BR><BR>Hope that helps!<BR><BR>By the way, I love peanut butter and jam (or jelly for you guys!) sandwiches. Something I learned from my last trip to the states!<BR><BR>Suni.